Parents, did you know that students do better in school when you are involved in your child’s learning? These students also have:
- Better attendance
- Better attitudes about school
- Better behaviour in school
- Better likelihood of graduating
Did you know that the Gold Bar School Council is a great way to be involved in your child’s learning?
The main role of our Council is to provide valuable feedback to Principal Tchir in key decisions related to Gold Bar School. To do this the Council:
- Seeks out the views and opinions of parents and the school community
- Provides a forum for discussion at a regular meeting
- Fosters, maintains, and reflects the culture of the school
Please join us at our meetings: September 28, November 2, January 18, March 14 and May 30.
Babysitting is provided and all meetings begin at 6:45
Gold Bar Parent Society is our fundraising body; we have chosen to do almost all our fundraising through regular casinos. The Principal puts forth a wish list with input from teachers and parents that the Society approves. Here are some of the things that have been funded over the past few years:
- Chrome books and cart ($24,000)
- Fieldtrips ($70/student)
- Smart boards in every classroom ($4000 each)
- Phys. Ed equipment
- Various artists in residence/presentations including Paula Roberts, Michael Mitchell, David Bouchard, Power of One, Antibullying, The Cookie Theatre Company
- Musical instruments
- Library books, a selection of fiction and nonfiction supporting current curriculums
Our next casino is scheduled for 2016. More information will be forthcoming.